Monday, May 02, 2005

Fox WHAT ?????

Yesterday Expressvu (my satellite TV provider) added Fox News to its lineup (On channel 507, go look). So I’m watching this new news channel because I always like to look at news events from different angles. I watch CNN, CBC Newsworld, CTV NewsNet and BBC World to get a full picture of what is happening in the world. So yesterday I’m watching Fox News and I’m wondering what the heck is going on?

I’m watching people discuss the Runaway Bride story, where a woman faked her kidnapping in order to run away from her impending marriage. Anyway, it sounds to me that she panicked and wasn’t thinking when she took off. At the same time, we don’t know anything about this poor girl’s mental health. Yet the news anchors are screaming for this woman to be arrested, fined, jailed, beaten, beheaded, whatever and they don’t know anything about her. I mean come on people.

So after a few hours of watching this off and on, I’m wondering what happened to impartial news coverage? I’ve heard people saying that CNN was too left wing and to be honest, I never saw it but what I saw on Fox News was insane. Between that and saying Laura Bush was funny as hell at some press dinner, I was wondering where the neutrality was?

At the same time, I’m trying to figure out at what point did I no longer be a conservative? I’ve always considered myself to be right wing, especially these days with the left wing people acting like they know all and can do no wrong. Trying to shout down right wing politicians just proves to me that you’re so full of yourself. Oh and have I mentioned how much I hate Michael Moore’s guts? But lately, I’ve been seeing the right acting in the same immature manor and this is making me think, that they’re all a bunch of losers. Fox News, at this point is just one step up from the National Inquirer right now.

Right now here in Canada, there’s talk of an election happening very soon. The conservatives have the power to force an election and to be honest. I think it’s a bad idea. As long as I could vote, I’ve always voted towards a right wing party but this could change because we have Conservative leader Stephen Harper going nuts over Gay marriage and I don’t want the political power in this country going to a nut ball like that. I actually feel safer with the Liberals and Paul Martin. What the hell is a moderate to do?

Back to Fox News, who is watching the ultra right wing newscasts? These guys are nuts and I’m waiting for them to start spurting out anti Canadian crap again.

My 2 bytes

No comments: