Monday, May 23, 2005

I was veging today so don't expect Shakespear here.

It's hard to come up with something interesting today when all you do is spend the day veging on the couch, catching up on TV shows I failed to watch on my PVR before. It's a stat holiday in Canada, celebrating Queen Victoria's birthday, but while I don't want to seem disrespectful, I'm glad that it's a day off. Thank you ! ! ! Its really nice to have a long weekend when Star Wars comes out so I can go out in all my Geek splendor and enjoy Revenge of the Sith.

While my ass was parked on the couch I did see an interesting commercial for Motts Clamato Juice, that basically said that the commercial they originally wanted to air, could not be shown because of some dumb asses who thought it was too risqué. Personally I find a group of people deciding what I can or cannot see, offensive. So I go to the website like the disclaimer in the "ad" and it doesn't allow me to watch the damn thing. Either this is all hype or bullshit. I can't decide which.

Long ago I decided that Gilbert Godfrey is the worlds most underappreciated comic ever. I remember listening to people bad mouthing him on Howard Stern and I wondered what the heck are these peoples problems. Don't they have anything better to do than bad mouth someone who's right there? I felt so bad for Gilbert having to listen to callers say bad things about him while he tries so hard to win them over. Personally anyone who starts a routine with, "The other day, I met Dr Kevorkian and he asked me how I was doing. I'M DOING GREAT, I FEEL FANTASTIC", though someone needs to finish Gilbert's website.

The good news is that I had a chance to visit some new blogs today and leave some comments on other blogs. Sometimes it feels like that I don't have enough time to do that and it bothers me. Honestly I do try.

One thing that bothers me is weather icons that show the temperature in Fahrenheit. Now people, including myself will put little weather buttons so we can see how warm or cold it is where the blogger lives. Actually, I put mine there for myself, since I get TV from Satellite, the Weather Network only shows local weather every 10 minutes. Anyway, what bothers me is seeing a site that shows the local temperature at 60-80 degrees. I'm thinking. (in metric) that, there's now way anyone could survive in that weather. All the trees must be bursting into flames. Wait till the summer when it they read 100 and I'll be thinking, WATER BOILS AT THAT TEMPERATURE. THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD! ! !

Well I'm still struggling for what to write so I'll call this a night but I'm pleased with my second attempt to post an audioblog with the aid of Ourmedia. org. Free hosting and unlimited space. I might also change who I get to host my pics, since I had a "minor" issue with Hello, so it looks like I'm Flickr bound.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: