Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Yadaa Yadda (sorry)

First thing that I learned today was that no one gives a rat’s ass about zombies. (Note to self: No more zombie posts). Oh well. I could talk about the first night of the return of HOCKEY but my team, the Calgary Flames, had their asses handed to them by Minnesota. So I won’t talk about that.

So let’s see. I guess this is going to be a Yadda Yadda post. MMM I remember making a smart-alecky comment to Hugh about the use of Yadda Yadda and I was put in my place. Oh well I will now Yadda Yadda away.

First thing, I found this cool panoramic picture of Los Angeles on Digg. I’m impressed; it looks a lot like Los Santos in Grand Theft Auto: San Andrea. Who knew that they based those cities on real places?

I also found some funny geek quotes on Digg but they seem so lame. The first one is something normal people will not understand (I’ll give you a hint, it’s Binary). Personally I liked “What?!? I'm NOT A Dork...Just Special!” and “1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d” I’m such a DORK.

On the serious side, there’s going to be a summit for people (and their friends) of people who have been sued by the RIAA. I think that it’s real sad that this is going on. That the RIAA is allowed to ruin people lives. Why don’t they just quit it and let the tech people drag their sorry asses to the “money tree” just like every other time. Like with the invention of the VCR, Cable TV, even Radio. It’s just pathetic.

What I really like though is how people are standing up against these weasels and how they’ve had enough. One person who I’m really impressed with is Tanya Andersen. She’s a disabled mother in Oregon who’s COUNTERSUING those bastards, under something called the RICO act. This is a powerful law that was created to fight the mob and since what the RIAA is going is basically extortion. She wants a trial by jury and who’s going to side against the scumbags of the RIAA over a real person.

Oh I hear the RIAA and the MPAA have a new business model. Check it out here. (heh heh).

My 2 bytes.

No comments: