Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Did I sell out?

I’ll be honest, part of me feels like sold out with yesterday’s post. Some game publisher gets me to advertise their game for nothing. Part of me feels like I sold out, but guess what. I don’t give a rat’s ass.

For all the people who think that I sold out, I would like to remind you that I have the PEPSI logo on the left side of my blog. I would also like to mention that my Secret Geek Blog is a rip off of Google. I’ve also mention that I might as well have Google tattooed to my ass on a couple of occasions.

Let’s face it, everyone wear logos for major corporations and the yahoos out there who think that wearing a parody of that icon means that they haven’t sold out, then they’re just kidding themselves. When someone see a parody of Ronald MacDonald, they still think about that food and basically that’s what the company wants so they still won.

A remember a few years ago when we had the G8 out in Kananaskis, just outside the city. We had a bunch of anti-everything protesters running around the city; protesting this and that. Personally my favorite demonstration was the naked people outside The Gap downtown. I just wish there would have been more women in that protest.

I remember reading a column in the Calgary Sun where she commented that the protesters were wearing Nikes and Gap clothing with the tags, suddenly removed, so don’t tell me everyone doesn’t sell out at one point or another.

Whenever we recommend a product to a friend, don’t we sort of become a minion for that company? Sure we truly believe the endorsement we give but are we not becoming walking Google Ads?

I guess what I’m trying to say is …..CHECK OUT STUBBS THE ZOMBIE FOR THE PC, MAC AND XBOX. MMM BRAINS !!!

Sorry, I put way too much set up for that joke.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: