Monday, October 17, 2005

Me on my High Horse

Well another day, another dollar. I’m still enjoying the new job despite all tasks that I have to do. Perhaps it’s because of all the tasks I have to do, all the different tasks. From identifying problems with printers taking part in conference calls about what is to be done. Bottom line, I love every minute of it.

I now have the opportunity to dress nicer, instead of wearing something that will only get dirty. I CAN NOW WEAR WHITE WITHOUT FEAR OF GETTING COVERED IN SOME SORT OF CRAP.

While there isn’t too much to say about this subject, I do enjoy getting to use my mind. I want to be a knowledge worker and now I have the opportunity to do so. I’m just thrilled that opportunity has finally come my way.

One of the nice things is the support that I’m getting from the IT guys at head office. They know that I’m new and that I’m starting to learn the ins and outs. They all seem like a very supportive bunch, though I’ve also heard through the grapevine that they’re pleased to have me there, someone with IT knowledge.

As you can guess, I’m still overwhelmed by the situation right now. Part of me still can’t believe that I’m officially in IT now. I’m the computer guy. Me, K. Restoule. WHOO HOO. I DID IT BABY. I’m going to have experience under my belt.

Well in other news, I received a call from some telemarketer about switching my Internet service. It’s still going to be Broadband but from what I can tell, it’s going to be the same cost as my current provider ( but it will cost only $9.95) for the first 3 months, AND after I’m officially sure that it works. I’m switching my phone service to VOIP. VONAGE, here I come. So I’ll be able to call everyone in North America for one low low price. Maybe I’ll call you!

Oh well, I promise that next time, I’ll me more interesting but for now I’ll get off my high horse.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: