Monday, October 24, 2005

I miss Legos

Here’s the plan. I want to win the lottery so I can stay at home and play with Legos all day (that way I’ll never meet that special someone and that I will be a UBERDORK for the rest of my life). OK I don’t want to spend all that time playing with Legos but I did find some today and it brought back some memories of my childhood.

Alright, the truth was that I ended in Zellers (It’s a Canadian thing) and I was in the toy section, looking for action figures to use for my next vidcast (if you haven’t seen the first one then I’m extremely disappointed). Anyway, I ended up in the Legos toys and I started to have fond memories of playing with my Legos as a kid.

I remember the hours and hours of fun I would have playing with my Legos building all these different things, from a space ship to a full scale video camera. I remember a time of innocence where I could just sit down and with a bunch of coloured pieces of plastic , I would create my own world, not like the Fisher Price Sesame Street set my grandparents had, where the extra guy was the sniper, (OK I need help). but to create a whole new world of my choosing.

I remember being part of a Lego club, where I would get a monthly newsletter and I would build things for their monthly contests, get my parents to take a picture and send it in. The problem was by the time my dad go around to developing the film, the contest was OVER !!!

I guess I find myself missing part of my innocence. Not having to worry about the rent, bills, groceries or anything like that. I was just a kid, with his Legos and not a care in the world.

My 2 bytes

No comments: