Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Give me my money back.

I read this today and I thought WOO HOO. It's about frigging time that someone told the tax man to go to hell. The government is finally being told to smarten up and think with their heads instead of their wallets. Personally I blame the whole thing on Sheila Copps.
I'm sick of being paying a "piracy tax" every time I buy blank CD's or DVD's. Then they did the same thing to MP3 players until the Supreme Court said NO!!!

What I love is how the government figures that they can do whatever the hell they want. Tax this and tax that just because they feel like it. Now the Supreme Court says that they cannot tax my technology. SCREW YOU CRIA. SCREW YOU SOCAN.

What really pisses me off is how it's assumed that I'm guilty beforehand. I go out to buy blank media and the government assumes that I'm doing something wrong. If I purchase a MP3 players, then I must be downloading my music illegally. Does this mean that if you work for Revenue Canada, then you must be an asshole? Actually they usually are, but that's besides the point. I refuse to be considered a criminal, simply because I own a device that allows me to download and listen to MP3's.

Why does the government feel a need to tax new technology that gives power to the consumer? Is there a piracy tax on my DVD Burner or my PVR. I could potentially use it to copy television programs.

I think we should all keep a closer eye on these government weasels before they cause more damage.

My 2 bytes

No comments: