Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Media Tomorrow

Note: Click here before reading on

I'm going to assume (Yes I know what happens when you do, but too bad) that you took the time to watch the flash movie. I've always been interested in the media, from Television to Print, to the Internet. Communications has always been the one thing that makes out world even possible. Its the most important thing ever. How can we share ideas (or even the word of God) without communicating. Today we have many ways to communicate and some of use are always able to be reached. We carry our cell phones which can also send text messages and e-mail. Some are also camera phones and they send images to anyone, anywhere.

Recently there have been news reports about how bloggers have been an influence on traditional news organizations, and how we get out information. From bloggers being invited to the two conventions in the U.S. to determine who was going to run for president, to bloggers disproving a news report on CBS news, we are becoming an important factor in the media. We have become content providers as well as consumers.

The flash movie talks of a world where we the blogger are the source of news stories. The traditional media is gone and it is us that informs the world. This can be a good thing and a bad thing. There are some blogs that talk about some very interesting things (like this blog from this woman living in Iraq) and then there's my take on the adult toy industry. What I wrote is not news, its me being a smart ass.

What really bothered me is that people getting news will hae to rely on their internet connections and what about the poor who cannot afford access? Now were going to have a "haves and have nots" society for news and information? I have a real problem with that. Today newspapers are inexpensive and usually can be found for free, left by someone somethere, or can be read in the pubic library but if we live in the this world where information is all online, then were going to have a serious problem. Information should be free for all, not only for people who can afford online access.

I don't have too much else to say except that I was both fascinated by the ideas and predictions from what I saw and I hope that some things come to past and others do not.

My 2 bytes

No comments: