Saturday, June 11, 2005

To and Fro

Right Now I'm not sure what to write about. Sure I've gone through this before but it seems that my week was dominated by work. I know I threw the quarterly fit already but this time, there was something different. It was worse. I was enraged that I didn't have to time to read many news sites, tech sites or even listen to my downloaded Howard Stern broadcasts, not to mention blog reading. I'm spending too much damn time there and I've had enough. They're trying to deprive me of “Me time” Though this is the weekend and I visited Workopolis.ca to do some job searching.

I'm starting to wonder if I've become addicted to the lack of respect I get. I worked there during my schooling and they've hung this “tech support job” in front of me for a long time and personally, I've had enough. It's time to move on. The problem is that I'm starting to feel like a broken record as I say this. I'm saying the same damn thing over and over and nothing comes from it. I feel like that I'm all talk and no action.

In all honesty, that isn't the case. I've posted several versions of my resume at Workopolis and I've had meeting with people at Robert Half, a head hunter company, but it seems that everything stops at “meetings” I never seem to be getting to the next step. I don't know what it is.

I'm not sure how or why but things just don't want to work out for me and I'm really starting to feel glum about it. Actually I'm feeling glummer and glummer as I write this.

I know that I need to be more positive but it's difficult to be so when the warehouse continues to suck the life from me. It makes me wonder why even bother, but I know that I can't take this frame of mind because if I do, then they win and I will not allow that to happen.

I need to contact a couple more agencies this week, one called Kelly's and the other called Horizon, I haven't heard from Horizon lately so I need to rattle their cage to see what is going on. At this point, I'm willing to take a pay cut, as long as I get out of there.

In other news, I managed to get a replacement USB headset, after breaking my old one so expect to hear a audioblog post very soon, probably tomorrow.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: