Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I like Star Trek, OK!!!

Yesterday, I took a playful jab at Star Trek and someone send me a “frownie”, so for the record I want to say that I'm also a Star Trek fan but some people tend to take things too far.

Has anyone seen Trekkies 1 or 2 (Yes they made a second one)? These are “fans” that take things too far. While I will sit back on my couch and watch Star Trek: TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and even Enterprise, I'm not going to “Fabric land” looking for that right shade of red to make my uniform.

One thing did bother me though. Why would anyone willingly wear the red shirt? If you end up in the red shirt, you're gonna get it. There's a reason why they don't sew name tags on the red shirts people. If you wear the red shirt, your going to DIE !!! There's even a Star Trek parody called Stone Trek which has a body count of red shirts per episode.

Speaking of Stone Trek, I recommend everyone check it out, it's really funny. Combining Star Trek and The Flintstones was a work of genius but it's still not as funny as Darth Vader on a roller coaster.

While I am a fan, I would not wear a Star Trek uniform to jury duty. I would not name my cat Bones and dress him up like McCoy. I would not answer my phone by saying “You called at the worst possible time, go away” and hang up. I would not start a Star Trek cover band (Though the heavy metal Klingon band was cool). I have no intentions of taking a course on learning to speak Klingon. There are a lot of things on the 2 documentaries that I would not do. If you're writing gay sex stories about Kirk and Spock, you have a problem. If you write dominatrix stories with Captain Janeway spanking everyone on Voyager, you have a problem. You're taking things too far.

Now there are things that I do need to do, like buy the Special Collectors Edition of Star Trek: Insurrection, which came out today. I need to buy all the episodes on DVD. I do want to attend a convention (in normal clothes) just to see how cool it would be and get some decent stuff. I need to buy new batteries for my phaser and tricorder.

Have I mentioned that I'm a geek? I admit to seriously loving the show. I could watch episode after episode over and over again. I'm saddened by the end of Enterprise. I loved the last season, especially the 2 parter that took place in the evil mirror universe. The guys were scumbags and the women were sluts and it was backstab after backstab.

So do I like Star Trek? Yes. Will I dress up like a Klingon? NO !!! So excuse me while I head off to buy Star Trek: Insurrection on DVD.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: