Monday, November 29, 2004

I'm not weird ok

Why does everyone say that I'm weird? You know it all started with that Gery guy and I e-mailed him, asking what was weird about my site. Well I think I scared the crap out of him or something because I never heard from him again. Oh well.

So I wonder, does everyone thing that there's something odd about me? Yes I tend to look at the world a little different but does that make me weird? Actually I look at the world a lot of different ways and I'm always trying to discover why something is occurring, so I tend to ask "Why" a lot. I ask "Why" about many things, from simple things like "why doesn't the supermarket order more of my favorite type of ice cream since they keep running out" to "what were they thinking when they tried to rig the election in the Ukraine" (ok that was a what, but you get my meaning).

The reason I do that is because I base my opinion on all the facts that I get. I like to learn about things and decide my opinion based on that information as oppose to what the right or the left think. Like Chris Rock, I am an individual. I guess I'm weird for that.

As well, I've into a lot of things that are considered part of the geek domain, such as my love of technology, science fiction and videogames. While some of these items are more main stream now, I was interested in these things because it was my choosing, not because it was the "in" thing. I guess I'm weird for that as well.

Even my blogs, this and my geek blog (which I don't update nearly as much as this one and I really should post there as well) is my choice. I'm not doing it because it's the "in" thing, though I hear that many people do blog because of that, but once the blogging fad goes away, I will still be here writing about whatever I feel like While it's nice to know that you're reading this post, it's for me that I blog. I guess I'm weird for that as well.

Now I admit that some of my posts are a little odd, like the last once about the adult toy industry but let's be honest. These things do occur. There are processes going on in different industries that would make out say what the… Like the guy has to check all the screws on a jet engine. Now that is an important job but it's not something we really thing about. How about the guy who monitors the amount of "waste" going through the sewer system. Its might be considered disgusting but it has to be done. I think about these processes a lot. I guess I'm weird for that as well.

Basically I like to look at things from different angles and different points of view to understand things better. I want to understand why a cab driver would stoop so low as to steal a passenger's cell phone (no I will never let that incident go as long as I live). I want to understand why a small percentage of Islam feels that we in the west should all die. Why do they harbor such hate for us? As well, does this small percentage realize how difficult they make the world for other followers of Islam who's hearts are not filled with hate? I have met many Muslims in my life and they are the kindest people I have ever met. I want to understand why those air bubbles are coming up my toilet lately. I feel a need to know and I feel a need to share so if you think that I'm weird, well that's fine with me.

Oh and I was kidding about the trombone and flippers; I just thought it was funny.

My 2 bytes

No comments: