Monday, November 01, 2004

I fell in love at Best Buy

Alright this has been one of those weekends that I just didn't want to do anything, In fact it took some effort to get my ass into my chair and start writing.

Anyway, on Saturday a got a call from a friend of mine, and we decided to head to another part of the city that we don’t normally go to. We use to work together but now we have different jobs and it has become difficult to get together so when we do get to hang out, we make a day out of it.

Anyway we head up to the new Best Buy to see what was there. Now I've heard of Best Buy from U.S. ads and commercials but it's only recently that the chain had expanded up to Canada. They bought the Canadian chain Future Shop but they kept those stores separate.

Well when I went into the store for the first time and I swear I could hear angles call me in. I looked inside and it was beautiful. Now some Future Shop stores are big, but something told me that this place was the next level and I was right.

As we were looking at the big screens TV's I encountered a 65inc Wide Screen, Rear LCD projection HDTV set. It was huge. I swear I would have to buy a house just to store this thing. My only thoughts were "Who do I have to kill to own this thing". I swear seeing this TV was a life altering experience. Even close up, the picture looked great. THIS TV WAS PERFECT. So now I'm started the "Let's get me this damn TV" fund. Actually I seriously would need to own a house, they is no way I could get this thing into my apartment.

Anyway, now this TV is forever fixed into my mind. I know that I should be concerned with other things, like work, friends, finding a girlfriend, buying plane tickets (my sister is getting married next summer and I need to fly back east for the wedding) but I NEED THIS TV.

7 comments:

SJ said...

I know what you mean. The new TVs have me wanting to sell my young just so I can have HDTV.

Vics said...

lol tell ya what K - you sort out the house and i'll supply the TV by way of rent *grin* but i demand the biggest room - i need it for my books...

K. Restoule said...

If you bring the TV, then I'll make sure there's a separate room that can be your personal library and I'll make sure that the house is "wired" so that a computer can be online in every room. (Perhaps I'll go wireless for laptops)


My 2 bytes

Vics said...

*grin* sold - just send me a link to the tv... i'll get my cards. oh yeah - how are you on the washing up front? i demand a dishwasher if you are as lax as my current housemate.

K. Restoule said...

If you get me that TV. I'll get a maid.

Vics said...

hmmm.. right then - i've found a site that will fly me to Calgary for £89 so lets see... *grin*

K. Restoule said...

Just make sure your papers (and the TV) are in order.