Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shoot me now....no wait.

Here’s the deal. I might not have a job next week. Someone in head office decided that for the sake of the budget, I’m not needed anymore. However, management in Calgary doesn’t want to let me go. They feel that I’m needed here, (It’s nice to feel needed) so they’re pushing to keep me. Also, they’ve trying creating a new role for me, I’m not going to go into details, but it will have my old duties added and I’ll have the word “analyst” in it. I just hope that everything goes through or else I’ll be getting the “golden handshake”.

I also did some checking and discovered that the “golden handshake” is actually pretty sucky and not worth it, if I have a choice. This place is feeling more and more like a prison, and the hour commute (each way) doesn’t help.

So I’ve decided to (yes again) to do some job searching. I’ve also called the head hunter to see if she can come up with something.

Also, it’s stuff like this which pushes me to work harder on getting Space Station Anime into a money making operation. I still have plans, just not enough energy. Maybe it’s a medical thing? Maybe I should talk to a doctor about it.

I’m not feeling inspired today, but there is hope, I never give up.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: