Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I don't want to date a nun.

I got this spam today asking me if I was single and Catholic. We’ll I am, but I’m pretty sure that I don’t want to get involved with a Catholic singles dating site. The last thing that will influence me on if I want to go out with a woman is her religion. Personally if the first thing does is start talking about her religion, this is a sign to GET OUT (and I’m not just saying this because she probably wouldn’t put out either).

Long ago I talked about how I was a really bad Catholic because I basically believed in respecting the rights of an individual as opposed listening to a bunch of grumpy old virgins misquoting passages from a book that has been translated and retranslated tens, if not hundreds, of time. I don’t have any problems if you’re gay (but I still want to punch Chris “Leave Britney Alone” Crocker in the head). I’m all for gay marriage, after all, what better way to put an end to gay sex, than to have gay marriage. Basically it’s a website for closed minded individuals to get together. I want no part of it.

Oh perhaps I’m looking at this the wrong way. Don’t Catholic girls have a reputation of being naughty? Well according to this Baptist site, Catholic girls want to lure innocent Baptist boys into dark alleys and do sinful acts. If that’s the case then sign me up to being a Baptist boy, Oh and if these people are so damn holy, then why are they have a manor ad for the “Official Jesus Thong” . Oh for the record, I’m pretty sure the site is a parody site, but I bet there are people out there who really think like that. I remember that Jesus camp documentary.

The more I think about it, the more I think that dating sites based on religion are really creepy. Imagine a Islamic dating site, all the women faces would be covered because of their burka’s, and I can just imagine what the profiles would look like. Osama’s hobbies would be, “water sports, long walks on the beach, and Jihad”. Oh there would be other profiles with “Already Martyred” stamped on their pictures. People can get together and praise each other for their closed minded ideas without needing a dating site.

I have a friend who met someone through Lavalife awhile back and they’re actually getting married soon, and I’m pretty sure that their matching process didn’t focus on religion.

My friend has actually recommended Lavalife, and maybe one day I’ll break down, but right now I’m looking at the Naughty Catholic Girls, since I’m a bad Catholic anyway.

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: