Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Crappy movies

Well it’s hump day, for lack of a better word. I figured that I’d use the word just because it’s fun to say. Hump hump hump hump hump. Something about that word just makes me smile.I just can’t put my finger on what it is.

I have a question to everyone out there. Say you get on a train/bus and there are some seats with one person and quite a few that are empty, do you sit in an empty seat that you will not have to share, or do you sit on one of the few seats that have someone else on and make the person seated move their bag? Well that asshole made me move my bag and trapped me in the seat; the asshole. My only revenge was that I made him get up during his phone call. SCREW YOU asshole.

Now that I have that off my chest I’m now going to main topic which is…this stick. Yeah this is a cool stick, woo hoo; or not.

Why is it that whenever I think of Canadian movies, either think of low brow stuff like Porky’s and The Trailer Park Boys Movie or really artsy stuff like Atanarjuat (The Fast Runner) and A Passage to Ottawa. Why is it that we either have artsy bullshit or low brow comedies? Americans make decent movies up here all the time, they even make hockey movies up here like Mystery, Alaska. (they shot it just outside of Calgary).

I guess I’m not an independent film type of person. The type of film that will make one think, but on the other hand I can only take so much cursing for the sake of cursing, flashing of T & A., which explains why Real Canadian movies make me go yuck.

What I find interesting is how well the fake Canadian movies do, Face Canadian movies like X-Men II, The 6th Day, The Day after Tomorrow, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Assassination of Jesse James (coming out this fall), R.V., Never Ending Story, Rambo: First Blood, and ..you get my point. A lot of successful movies are shot in Canada, so why do Canadian movies tend to be preachy or guttery.

What really bothers me is that some of my favorite tv shows are fake Canadian shows like Eureka and Smallville. Why can’t they admit to being Canadian?

Grrr that’s it for me.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: