Thursday, January 17, 2008

The return of the Podcast

Today I was searching through Go2web20net. It’s a list of all the web 2.0 stuff, and there was some really cool stuff there I recommend that everyone should check it out. Anwyaw I’m snooping through the site and I discover Podcast people. It’s a site that hosts podcasts, and they have a FREE version. Long time readers may remember (or they might have mentally blocked it out), that I used to do a nasty excuse of a podcast, but I stopped doing it when the company that was hosting, killed the free accounts, so I stop. Now I’m thinking about starting a 2.0 version of Tales of the Great White North: The Podcast. Is this a good or bad thing? I can’t decide.

Now here’s where it might get interesting. Currently I use Skype Out for all my long distance phone calls, right from my computer. Last year I originally planned to do something similar with Vonage, but I could never get it to work. I’m pretty sure that I could get it to work with Skype, even if it means having to buy some software. So I could have multiple people on the podcast.

This is going to involve some testing, including doing the first podcast solo, just to make sure that I don’t completely suck at it. Then after, some further testing, involving recording a phone call or two, I’ll put the invite out for a partner in a Podcast.

Once again, I’m up to no good.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: