Thursday, February 01, 2007

Time to explain yesterday.

Yesterday I basically exploded. This is what happened. The new landlord shows up at the door for the rent. After I give him my rent cheque, he gives me notice that the building will be undergoing major renovations and I have 3 months to move out. I'm being kicked out of my home.

Now Calgary is not what we call a 'renters' market. The vacany rate in this city is 1.6%. That is not a lot and rents keep getting higher and higher. I'm expecting to have to pay and addition $100-$200 a month for a decent 1 bedroom apartment. On top of that I need to find a place with a balcony facing south so I can still use my Satellite Dish. I will not give up my dish. The cable in this city is awful. So basically I have to move.

Now you know why I'm so annoyed.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: