Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I don't get it.

There some things I can write about but it's not the right time to do it. At least not yet because I don't want to jinx anything.

I also read on the news about the astronaut who tried to kidnap and murder some woman who was in a love triangle with her and some other guy. I saw the mug shot and I wondered 'what the hell happened'? To go from being in space to an episode of Cops in less than a year....it makes no sense?

Now I know that women and men are wired differently (and don't claim that were not), but to have a career as an astronaut, to actually go into space, and then to throw it all away for some guy. I don't understand it. She has literately fallen from the stars into a jail cell; from a selected few to a common criminal. Can someone explain to me because I don't get it.

I've made many sacrifices in my life to be able to hold my head up high and say that I accomplished something. I have my degree, a career and so forth. It wasn't easy for me either. I had to give up any hope of a social life to get my degree. I went to classes in the AM and worked from 2:00pm to 10:00pm. Did my assignments and went to bed at midnight, then I woke up at 6:00am and repeated the process, and that's just a Bachelors of Science. Astronauts need far more education. They need to make far more sacrifices. They have to prove that they are the best of the best, and she threw it away for some guy. I don't get it.

Someone please tell me that this is not some woman thing. Tell me that this has something to do with the need to 'be with someone'. Someone please tell me that this person 'lost it' somehow.

Ironically I had no idea what to write about. The words just seemed to appear on the screen. I guess I'm still good at 'winging it'. However I just don't get it.

My 2 Confused Bytes

No comments: