Thursday, March 02, 2006

What about my rights?

I’m so sick of this crap. Once again, the rights of a minority overshadow the rights and safety of the majority. Last time I checked, kids WERE NOT ALLOW TO CARRY WEAPONS INTO SCHOOLS. I just read how a Sikh child is now allowed to wear is ceremonial dagger to school. So people are not allowed to wear these things on airplanes, in some of our courtrooms but a school? That’s fine? Where’s the logic?

Now I understand how import it is to respect the rights of other people, but when these beliefs force us to change our beliefs and our ways I have a serious problem. Especially when it involves children carrying weapons to school. Does this mean that if I claim to be of the Church of Schwarzenegger, I can claim that my religion requires me to carry a survival knife and an Uzi 9mm Sub machinegun? What about my rights? There are clubs in this city that have metal detectors at the door now. Some U.S. schools have metal detectors but this kid is allowed to carry a dagger? BULLSHIT.

What I want to know is would our beliefs get the same sort of respect in the homeland of these people who now make Canada home? Somehow I doubt it. Oh and where does it stop? Before Christmas I saw a man walking with a woman in the mall. She was covered head to toe. She was completely covered, including her face. I just wanted to walk up to the guy she was with and say “Hey Asshole, you can’t make her wear that here. She has rights and isn’t a piece of property you small pricked control freak”, but I didn’t because I’m Canadian and I respect the rights of people from other countries, even though I think they just a bunch of assholes.

I’m just sick of how these people think we have to roll over and kiss their ass while they piss all over us. Last Christmas, we weren’t allowed up put up Christmas decorations up at work because it might offend some people of other cultures. WELL GUESS WHAT. I WAS OFFENDED BY THAT. I walk around hearing different languages in the workplace, knowing that they are talking about management in a not so nice manor and we can’t do anything about it because they have to right to speak in their native tongue.

BOTTOM LINE IS WHEN IS SOMEONE GOING TO STAND UP FOR MY RIGHTS? The problem is if I do, I end up looking like some white hooded white supremists? I’m either ‘The Establishment’ , ‘ A Caring Canadian’ or’ AN ASSHOLE’. I just to know how far is this going to go.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: