Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Suing is BAD. Must remember that.

It always pisses me off when bad things happen to good people. Someone I know just lost her job and I’m pissed. The worst thing I believe is the way it happened. I’m not going to go into details because I respect everyone’s privacy but the same thoughts keep coming into my head. SUE THE BASTARDS.

I remember awhile back when a friend of a friend who was a consultant (not my Dad, nope) lost his extended contract with a client. They cancelled without cause and it got ugly with court crap. I’m not going to mention more about that either.

Alright, ‘Sue the Bastards’ may not necessarily be the best advice. It’s reactionary and hostile, but at the same time, we as employees have rights as well. There are laws that are mean to protect the individual, at least in Canada.

I’m feeling a tad bit lost right now in this post because after finding out about my ‘friend’. I feel horrible. I feel horrible because there is nothing I can do to help. After I got my degree, I promised myself that I gain the power to help my friends in need. Now it’s years later and that hasn’t happened yet. I have a plan for my financial independence and I just added another percentage of my pay to my retirement plan at work but still. It’s going to take years until I get to that point.

Now that I think about it, I have another friend who was getting screwed around at work but she managed to transfer departments before it got too bad.

Actually I had problems like that once with a boss. I even remember saying to him, “I’m an individual, not a resource”.

I find myself looking for the right thing to say, the right piece of advice, the right answer and still all that comes to my mind is “SUE THE BASTARDS”.

All I can do is send this person my best, say a prayer for them (did I ever mention that I was raised Catholic?) and hope for the best.

My 2 bytes

No comments: