Sunday, February 14, 2010

I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

I keep thinking about the book idea, which just came to me when I was blogging a few days ago and I still like the idea. I have no idea how to proceed yet, but I am doing to do it, and I'm going to start right now. Here is the Preface of my book.

...

PREFACE.

I have always wanted to be the person who took "the road less traveled", but unfortunately, that hasn't always worked out for me. I started out wanting to get into television news gathering. I wanted to be a news camera covering event around the world , but that never happened. I also wanted to be a stand up comic. Getting on stage and making people laugh, and get paid for it, but that never happened either. The problem was I listened to people. I listened to people who told me that I couldn't be a comic, or told me which school I should go, and ...I became neither.

I eventually sold out, like most other people I know and ended up at DeVry to earn a degree in computer something or other. Again, things didn't start well after the degree, but I did stick with it and ended up landing a good job. That was then.

Now I'm unemployed, and I'm once again considering my possibilities. While the idea of being unemployed for a long term is unlikely, since I now have skills in demand, but do I want to spend the rest of my life dealing with computer crap, or do I once again want to take the "road less traveled".

I got the idea for this book while writing a blog post in the food court of a mall of all places, but if you really think about it, doesn't it really make sense? The center of our society are now packed into balls after all, from Game Stop to Victoria's Secrets; it's all there. It's the center of our world today.

...

Ok that's just the first draft and I'm sure that it's going to change a lot over the coming months, and write the yet to be titled book. I do have a working title though, it's "What the hell is wrong with you people". I told myself that I'm going to write at least an hour a day, until it's done. I'm still not sure what everything that's going to be in the book, but I sort of know where to start.

I'm gonna do this, and I'm not going to make any excuses for not finishing what I started, and I did start. I wrote the preface after all.

My 2 Bytes


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you, K.! I say onward and upward - in whatever it is you decide to do.