Tuesday, May 15, 2007

You doon't need to know this.

Ever wonder if something is blogable or not? You sit there and wonder if this is something that should be shared, or kept to yourself. I started a blog post and after a few sentences, I asked myself, “Do people really need to know this?” This is the post in question.

“I had an issue where “something” wasn’t the right colour so I did some research. I checked out this web site and I make some interesting discoveries.”

After I typed that sentences and put in the web link, I asked myself. Do people care about “that topic”. Do they really need to know that I discovered that the Safeway Brand Grape juice crystals are turning my…you get the point. So there are indeed some things that I shouldn’t blog about.

I do have one cool time saver breakfast trick I want to share though. Take a handful of your favorite cereal and put it in your mouth, drink but don’t swallow some milk and then chew the cereal with the milk and TAA DAA Instant breakfast.

There’s one thing that I haven’t mastered yet though, it’s discovering what posts are going to trigger the most comments. I could go days without a comment and then I write something which I think is just Yadda Yadda and BAM !!! Comment City. Perhaps the key is not to try? Does Jay try? I know she gets major comments and is (we’ll I think so anyway) a A-level blogger, Comparing her blog and mine is kind of like comparing a Academy award movie to a an episode of Beavis and Butthead. I’m not saying that this is a bad thing, sometimes we need something with some depth and sometimes we just want to watch those 2 boys do something stupid. Oh, and secretly, sometimes I enjoy doing stupid things, like blogging about the colour of my…never mind.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: