Monday, January 16, 2006

They're moving my ass again

I have this problem.  I think I’m becoming the ‘gonna set the building on fire’ guy from Office Space. Here’s the deal. My boss comes in and has this….I’m not looking forward to this look on her face. Then she tells me that she wants to move my desk to the communications room. This is fine except that I HAVE NO FRIGGIN WINDOW NOW!!!

I’m going to be all by myself in the communications/server room. I’m going to have to listen to the whine of many fans from the controllers and servers. I’m not looking forward to this. I can see myself acting like that guy in Office Space, feeling like he’s being moved into storage and muttering ‘I’m going to set the building on fire”. Well at least, we get to move all the crap out of there and she will let me decorate, new lights, white board and stuff like that.

I guess I’m really going to miss the WINDOW!!!!  I’m going to miss seeing the sun from my desk. I know that everyone pictures computer dorks to be pale as hell but I like seeing the sun outside. It reminds me that I’m ALIVE and not buried in a TOMB. So now I’m sort of bummed out.

However I wonder if I can get a fake plant to make things more……homey. A picture or SOMETHING. My boss has made some indication that she would allow to put something up but if the HR guy comes in with a poster of our company’s ‘values’ to put in my new space…..I’m going to set the building on fire. OH AND NO ONE HAD BETTER TRY AND TAKE MY STAPLER.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: