Thursday, May 15, 2008

I feel like I don't matter

I’m having this issue right now. I’m feeling really negative about my current workplace. Right now, I hate them all. Actually I hate most of them. I think there are less than 10 that I don’t want dead right now. To quote Milton from the movie Office Space “I want to set the building on fire.”

There’s one thing that I know, and it’s that life is too short to feel this kind of resentment. I’m miserable, and I need to take some responsibility for my misery. I shouldn’t have waited so long to work at getting a new job. Actually, it wasn’t that bad until the moved me into the warehouse.

When it came to management, it seemed that I was always the odd person out. When people from head office came down, and they talked about getting together after work for a drink, dinner or whatever, I was never invited. They would even have these conversations in front of me, and yet I was never invited. It made me feel like an unperson.

I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s actually one person that’s making me feel like that. I’ve decided that he is the cause of my current predicament. He’s the one who had me moved into the warehouse. He’s the one who’s making me feel like an unperson. It’s like he’s going back to his root, (he’s from South Africa) and I’m a victim of apartheid. I’m not saying that he’s a racist or anything like that, but his actions do feel like less of a person.

….

Cool, I just received a phone call from a recruiting agency about a position. They’re e-mailing me the post and I need to register with them online. I should have started applying a long time ago.

I did have that one head hunter looking for me, and I did have some close calls for a few jobs, but I was relying on someone else to do the work for me. I’m glad that I’m getting around to doing it myself.

….

Back to my original waa waa. So now I’m working in a warehouse, expected to do data entry while people walk around me. The noise is unbearable. I’m surrounded by people having conversations in Punjabi. The only person I can talk to, who understand the crap I’m going through is in head office.

I need a hug, I really do.

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: