Thursday, May 22, 2008

I don't want to see that

This week, Zip.ca, a online DVD rental service (Canadian version of Netflix), set up this new recommendation service. It works by evaluating what you’ve rated other DVD’s that you’ve rented. What you can also do is go through the list of recommendations and rate them, and then get the site to update it’s recommendations. The problem is that I’ve become obsessed with the list, to make sure that there’s no crap there. Since Monday, I’ve gone through the list 3 times, a list of over 3000 DVD’s, and I can’t stop.

Today, on my third round of rating, I’ve noticed certain DVD that I would never rent and I wonder what the heck is wrong with the system. For the record, I will never rent the following DVD’s; Spongebob Squarepants, Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer, WWE, UFC, Laurel and Hardy, Friends, TNA, or Bollywood movies. Never going to happen.

This feature also has something called Hidden Gems. As you can guess, this is a list of DVD’s that are well…hidden gems. So I’m going through my list and I find a title called Hot Nude Yoga. At first I’m think, that this might be a Hidden Gem after all, until I discover that the instructor is a guy. Now why would Zip.ca decide that I want to see some naked guy do yoga? Has my past selected indicated that I want to see some guy with his ‘deal’ hanging out do yoga? They recommend Barney the Dinosaur to me, and a naked guy doing yoga? What the hell???

So I’m reading the description and discover that this is the beginners DVD, and it’s good for solo and group sessions. Now, let’s get this straight, if I’m doing nude yoga by myself, I KNOW FOR A FACT that I’m not going to be able to bend the way they want me to in the video. It’s just not going to happen. I’m not that flexible. Secondly, if I’m doing nude yoga with a group, my “Mr. Happy”, had better get to know someone’s “Hoo Hoo”. As well, the last thing I want to see some guy’s deal swinging around like’s he’s in the shower saying “Hey buddy, good game”. I don’t need that kind of pressure.

So all I want to say to Zip, is keep your Hot Nude Yoga DVD, and just send me the 3rd Season of 24 already.

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: