Monday, December 05, 2005

My insane experiment

Ok I really did it today. I officially went over the edge and did something rash. I cancelled my Satellite TV. Ok I didn’t ‘cancel’ cancel it. Instead I had Expressvu put my Satellite box in vacation mode. This way I don’t have to pay for something that I’m not watching that much anyway. Here’s my plan. I’ve already been doing this to a certain extent with some TV shows anyway so I figured why not just do it with all my TV shoes?

Here’s the thing. I never watch live TV anymore. I like having the power of pausing, fast forwarding and rewinding. This is pretty much the same thing as a DVD. Last summer I was doing this with episodes of Battlestar Galactica and Rescue Me (both shows rock) so why not start doing this with all my shows?

So I axed the Satellite for the next few months. I’m going to give it a at least 6 weeks, which is the minimum time my Dish can be in vacation mode to try my little experiment. I’m hoping that it will work out and I won’t bother using the Dish anymore. Like I said. I never watch live TV anymore.

I’m having good luck so far with my TV shows with the exception of Letterman. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to watch Dave anymore, since no local station carries him. The rabbit ears are not going to do it, thought I’m not going to give up without a fight.

I’ll keep everyone posted on my progress.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: