Monday, September 24, 2007

A Yadda Yadda, but a good Yadda Yadda

I guess I’m going to label this week, TV WEEK. Now I used to be a TV junkie, but these days I’ve chosen to live with cable, because…. Most of TV is crap. It’s the same recycled bullshit sitcoms, and no one tries something different. For the record, the only time I’ve ever watched an episode of Friends was when I was on a plane. I watch what I want to watch, not what people tell me to watch. At least there’s going to me SOMETHING cool to watch this week.

Tonight I’m looking forward to Heroes. This is one of the few shows that I love. It’s a show I wish I could be on. It’s a show that keeps you on the edge of your seat, but actually gives you some resolution. Last season they did manage to save New York, and tie up most of the story lines. Sure there were a thing or two that made you think “what are they talking about”, but overall, it was a neat little package. Oh and giving us a cliffhanger by giving us a preview of “Book 2” was great. I want to know how Hiro will deal with feudal Japan.

On Thursday, I’m looking forward to the return of Smallville. Now I’ve heard that people have called it Beverly Hills 90210 meets Superboy or X-Files meets Superboy, but I think the show is cool. Personally, I think the best episodes were the ones with Christopher Reeves as the special guest.

I guess everyone is seeing a trend her, and it shouldn’t be a surprise. Yes I like superheroes. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a superhero. I think superheroes are cool. I used to love running up and down the street with a beach towel tied behind my neck, and that was last week.

I will also confess that I love watching superhero cartoon as well as anime. I just wish that the superhero cartoons would be a little…edgier. I know that in the U.S. they have a hard time getting past the “Cartoons are for Kids” thing. I remember when they did the gay marriage episode, there was some religious group rep on TV and of course he said “Cartoons are for kids”. You know what? Cartoons are not “just” for kids, but tell that to those closed minded Religious Right whackoes. YES I’m still pissed at those close minded people.

What really bothers me is that Jesus was about helping people. He feed the poor, healed the sick, and he died for our sins. He gave comfort those in need. He told people not to judge other. He said that he, who is without sin, cast the first stone. Today, we have people who claim to follow the teachings of the New Testament, but for the life of me I cannot remember being taught that Jesus said, YOU SHALL NOT BE GAY, in Religion class, but I do remember being taught that Jesus spoke about helping others, clothing the poor, feed the hungry, nursing the sick, and I’m pretty sure if I did some actually research, in the Bible, instead of relying on Religion class from Catholic school, and I went to Catholic School from grade Kindergarten to Grade 11. At least when it comes to religion, there people like Tony Campolo who, in my opinion, get it right.

I swear I had a simple topic. I was going to talk about Heroes, but from there, I went to how we can all be a hero, by helping someone in need. This turned into a Yadda, Yadda, but a good Yadda, Yadda.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: