Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rescue Me is BACK

I remember when I loved TV. I thought there were many great shows as a kid. Needless to say, I was a dumb kid. I look through the channel guide on my PVR/STB and I usually come to the same conclusion. There's a log of crap out there. Recently I went on a rant about the canceling of one of my favorite shows, but now I can hold my head up high at the return on another of my favorite tv shows. RESCUE Me IS back.

It's been a long while since we left Tommy (Denis Leary) on the floor of the bar with a bullet hole in his chest, while all friends were forced by gunpoint to watch him bleed to death. I'm really looking forward to seeing the beginning of the new season.

I'm not going to tell you about the show because you should already be watching it. I own the first four seasons on DVD, and I still need to buy season 5, but I know season 6 is going to be great. I know that once again, there will be stories within stories about Tommy Gavin, his family, and fellow firefighters at house 62.

The one thing that pains me, is that I know that this show will soon end. I've heard that they're timing the final season to end with the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Which sort of makes sense, since 9/11 is always hanging in the background on the show. Tommy, was at 9/11. His cousin, (who he still sees now and then) died in 9/11. Even the beginning of the first episode takes about the firefighters who died in 9/11. It's only fitting that the last episode honors the 10th anniversary of this horrible incident in history.

Again, if you've never seen the show, I highly recommend that you rent the box sets and watch them.

YAAAA Rescue Me is back.

Oh yeah, so is Futurama. but it's not as good as Rescue Me.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: