Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stupid Front Door.

It’s the little things that can really get to you after awhile; little things that pile up to a bunch of little things, and then they become a giant blog of little things. I haven’t felt appreciated at work for some time, and to be honest, it’s starting to make me feel unwanted. It’s making me feel that it’s time to go.

Again, it’s the little things, things like I’m the only one in the front office who isn’t asked if I want something where someone goes across the street to Tim Hortons. It’s the fact that I’m the only one in the front office that’s on salary, and now I’m the only one who can’t enter the building at the front entrance.

I was just told that from now on, I’m no longer allowed to enter the building from the receiving door, which is right by the front office. I was told I have to walk the long way around to the employee entrance. Note, I’m the only one who works in the front office that has to do this. Once again I’m being singled out.

Maybe it’s because I’m the only IT person here, but …I’m really starting to feel like a second class citizen here. Every other IT person who works for the company is on salary, expect for me. Why is that?

I do my job, supporting this site, and yet I feel that I’m not appreciated. Why does it seem that my main duty is now buzzing people through the front door, into the office? The same front door, I’m not allowed to enter anymore (actually it’s the next door, but you get my meaning). I also know that I’m not the only one here that’s feeling like their being stepped on. I’ve talked to a few other staff, which I will call “the stars” and they’re feeling the same way. They feel unappreciated and they’re also tired of the bullshit.

Tomorrow, the company is having an “appreciation lunch”. The company is buying pizza for the staff, but I don’t have any interest in joining that function. Why the hell should I? I don’t want a slice of pizza. I want to be put on salary. I want to enter the building through the same door as the other front office staff (and they’re only 4 of us). I want to feel like I’m part of the team instead of being singled out as a pariah. I’m tired of being unappreciated.

The definition of insanity is someone doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I think it’s the lack of appreciation which sent me into the black hole of despair that I found myself in. Well I need to do one of 3 things, put more effort into making Space Station Anime into the money maker that I know it can be, find a new job, or both.

My 2 bytes

No comments: