Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Crazed HR person

A few days ago, I was chatting with one of the HR people in the office (there’s only 2 of them actually, the Grand Poobah in change or all of Western Canada and the Calgary person), anyway she I accidentally mentioned my blog. BIG MISTAKE !!! Now she’s been checking the blog out quite a bit and she’s been making to comments to me about it.

One thing she’s annoyed with that the blogs I link to are mostly women. My response is they are good writers and their blogs interest me. Then she asks me if any of them are my girlfriend. Then she said they shouldn’t be my girlfriend. Meanwhile she had tried to set me with TWICE, not knowing that the women she wanted to “hook” me up with were married.

Perhaps I should describe her to everyone. She seems like a very nice person (and she is), but there’s a self confessed “Mean Girl” inside, and when the mean girl is released, LOOK OUT. She can say some nasty things. It’s a Jekyll/Hyde thing, I swear it. One moment she’s talking about taking her little brother out to a movie and being the nice big sister, and the next moment she’s beating people with a baseball bat with a big metal spike sticking out of it (Ok maybe not that bad, but, I’m sure she was a creative consultant for the Mean Girls movie).

Don’t get me wrong, I think the world of her (and I’m not saying this just because I know she’s going to read this post), and even I have my ‘mean” moments but wow!!! I had no idea that she could be such a poop disturber.

Now that I think about it, this could simply be a standard HR trait. I’ve always been convinced that the majority of people who work in HR went to the Catbert School of Human Resources. The main prerequisite being that you must hate people. Before I meet the current HR people here (and 2 other people), I always figured that HR people were evil and constantly messed up stuff on purpose. Now I know the truth. HR people, like me hate dumb people. It’s either that or they have to be nice to me since I’m IT now.

So this is my official warning to everyone. A crazed HR person is now checking out my blog and she might make some comments about me, or the other commenters, but don’t worry. I know how to calm her down. I’ll just take her to Macdonald’s or something

My 2 Bytes

No comments: