Saturday, January 08, 2011

Changes, Changes

I got some interesting news from the second job today. News that I'm not too thrilled to hear. Turns out that in a couple of weeks, I'm going to be stocking shelves for 3 weeks on the weekend. I am not impressed.

For some time now, I've been toying with the idea of quitting the second job and regaining the ability to sleep in on the weekends. Sure I'm usually up at 4:00am to be at work at 5:00am, but at least I still have my afternoon and evenings to myself. This might change with the change in procedures at work.

I'm not going to explain everything, there really isn't a point, but right now I'm seriously considering quitting. Earlier I was thinking about quitting in the summer after I get back from London, but right now I'm starting to toy with the idea of quitting right now. Well sooner than before. I will be getting my yearly raise in mid March and it will be retro to January, and if I quit I'll still be getting all my vacation pay from 2010 at the Safeway job. I'm at the point where I think I can still pull everything that I want to off this year, even without the second job. So should I just quit now?

The thing is that this is just a 3 week thing, so if it changes back to what appeals to me after the 3 weeks, I might has well stick it out. I'm just feeling tired of the second job. The issue is when does frustration override greed?

I'm on the fence right now, but right now one thing is going to make me lean one way or the other. Time will tell. I don't know what to do yet.

My 2 Bytes

1 comment:

Olly said...

Oh, what a choice... I would most likely keep the second job - but, hey, that would be just to get out of the house and hide from my husband and kids, haha! I am still looking at breaking into the field of merchandising. It's something I have wanted to do for a long time, but I may also have to take a job in a grocery store stocking shelves just to get my foot in the door. Glad to see you posting often - I swear I will get back into the swing of it again. I still read everyones blog though;-)