Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Puppies are not evil

When I first heard about this I went WHAT THE…but the more I think about it, the more pissed off I am about it. Here’s the scenario, a police department in the UK is changing their phone number and they need to get the word out, so they create an advertisement with a puppy, and the Muslim community is OUTRAGED by the puppy. The puppy offends them. A puppy dog with cute little eyes offends them.

Last week, I was talking with a friend of mine, a Reverend, who doesn’t like dogs. He made that comment to me and I just looked at him and said “Dogs are unconditional love”. Any dog owner will tell you there. There is nothing more peaceful is a dog resting on your lap (or his/her head on your lap). Dogs rule. Anyway he went to quite something in the scripture, something negative about dogs, and my reply was “anyone who doesn’t love dogs has no soul”, and I truly believe that.

So now there are Muslims in the UK who are offended by this? Now I’ve always been respectful of other people’s beliefs…but COME ON!!! I mean SERIOUSLY. Even I can only be pushed so far. I used to work for a company that didn’t allow Christmas decorations for fear of offending someone. I don’t like that but I can live with it. We didn’t have a Christmas party, we had an employee appreciation brunch instead…but you couldn’t bring your spouse. Again, I’m not impressed but I can live with it. Now there’s a group out there who are offended by a picture of a puppy? That’s BULL SHIT.

For anyone who is offended by dogs, I want to remind you of one thing. All Dogs go to Heaven, and if my dog isn’t in Heaven when I die, then I don’t want to go there. At least I have that option, because dog haters don’t have souls, and can’t go to heaven.

My 2 MORALLY OUTRAGED BYTES.

No comments: