Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Dream TV is here

I now see the world a lot clearer. Not because I have new glasses, but because my LCD TV has arrived. I hooked it up last night. Connected my DVD player, my computer, my PS3, and the cable line and I went “ohhhh”, and I could hear angels singing, then I received a phone call from Mr. T congratulating me for owning such a fine TV. It was so beautiful. From the moment I first turned it on until when I turned it off to go to bed. It was wonderful. It’s a geek’s dream come true.

Last night after I tested everything, I log onto City of Heroes and started to brag to my friend there. Needless to say, they are jealous. One friend of mine is planning to do the same thing with a HD set but he hasn’t bought it yet. I’m not sure when he’s going to buy the set, but for now, I’m the only one in the group with this set.

I’m not going to go into the minor issues that I had when I finished setting everything up, because, to be honest, who cares, but the end result is great. I don’t officially have Cable TV right now, but I do have Cable Internet, so I can get a few channels that leak through the cable line. So I connected the cable and the TV did it’s search and now I have a couple of HD Channels. I have PBS HD. Normally I don’t watch PBS, but I can see myself watching that channel more and more, because it’s in HD.

I haven’t taken pictures of the thing yet; because we were still bonding, but rest assured that there will be pictures posted soon.

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: