Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yadda Yadda Library?

To blog, what to blog about. I’m still have no ideal what I should be blogging about.

Here’s the problem. My life has come too mundane. It’s the same crap over and over again, and to be honest. I don’t want to blog about the same old crap. I need to blog about some new crap.

As a few of you might have guessing, I’m winging this post…because I can’t think of anything to do, except blog about someone’s cleavage, but I don’t feel like doing that right now.

I’ve started reading a book recommended from a friend of mine from City of Heroes. It’s called Artemis Fowl. I’ve noticed that it’s from the young adults second, but isn’t Harry Potter as well, and everyone reads those book. I’ve only gotten past the first chapter so fat, so it’s far too early to give it a rating, but from what I’ve gotten so far. It’s a child detective, in a modern world, but there’s magic as well, so in a way, it’s similar to Harry. I’ll give a more complete review when I’m done the first book. The book was recommended by Syd, a friend from City of Heroes, and she loves the series so I’m going to give it a shot.

I really haven’t been reading lately. I’ve been listening to podcasts, and playing videogames, but I think it’s time to get back to actually reading a book. I’m used to be so bad that I would listen to audio books, and before that I was reading PDF’s of books on my Palm (the device, not my actual palm). For an IT person, it’s strange that I’ve gotten so “analog” all of a sudden. I blame the public library.

Last year, I got a library card and started borrowing Manga. Actually I got the library card because I needed some tech manuals on our Exchange Server (that’s email for no techies), so I got the card, got the books, then started reading Manga, borrowing DVD’s and CD’s, and now I have a real piece of fiction sitting on my workstation.

After getting all my information from the Internet, it’s strange that I’m going to a building and getting stuff. I even use the library’s webpage to put holds on the books that I want. Who would have though that was possible. Though the library isn’t perfect. I can’t find cleavage there. For that I still need the Internet.

My 2 Bytes

1 comment:

Olly said...

It really does feel strange wandering around in the library after all these internet years. I used to take the kids for story time when they were little. Still I go there once in a while when I've got some time to kill when down town.