Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My break is over. Time to start anew

It’s been awhile I know. I’d like to say that I’m sorry for lagging on the blog, but to be honest, I’m not. I needed a little break and I’m feeling better now.

It’s day 2 of the new job and I love it. I think it’s great. I absolutely love the place. I’m really enjoying it. At first, I was feeling a little overwhelmed by a few things, but now that they’re breaking things down into sections, I’m doing a lot better. When I got home last night my brain was feeling a little mushy with all the things that I learned.

I’m really glad that I’m going forward. I feel like this is going to be a positive move for me. The culture is going is different here. I’m getting treated as a person, as opposed to being treated as a resource. It’s a nice change.

Oh yeah, I had an interesting incident happen last week. I’ve always held back on mentioning my old employer by name, except for one post, after I accepted the new job, and gave my notice. Well, it turns out that company monitors it’s name online via Google, and my post came up. They then proceeded to look through a lot of entries and they saw the pictures of my old and “new” workstations there. Well they got mad. Really mad, but guess what? I don’t care. So they released me early and paid me out till the rest of the week I’m just glad to be free of the company. Honestly I should have been pissed, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I wanted out of there, I would have considered …other actions, but I’m just glad I’m away and I’m hoping the bad Karma will stay behind.

I’ve decided that I’m not going to blog too much about the new company and not reveal the name of the place. It really like this place and the last thing I want to do is say something that might be misinterpreted.

Again, I’m running into the problem of not knowing what to blog about. Being happy is not good to my blog. I need to be all ARGHHH in order to blog something. Also, I’m actually busy now, dealing with item a, b, and c. Who would have thought that I could actually be busy.

Oh to give you an idea of how cool this company is, they have a gaming server. Yes between the hours of 12:00pm and 1:00pm, staff are allowed to log on the gaming server and play a first person shooter. How cool is that? The old company would NEVER do that.

Anyway I’m back and I’ll try to be around more often.

My 2 bytes

No comments: