Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Camping in a High Rise

First thing. I admit I back dated the last post by a day. I did so because I wrote it on Monday, but I was not able to post it on the blog until today. Here's why.

Sunday night, around 10:00pm, the power went out in my building. It took over 36 hours to get the power back up. I was without power from 10:00pm on Sunday night till about 10:00am Tuesday morning. Needless to say, I've lost about $100 + worth of food in my fridge. However it gets worse. While I was cleaning out the mess in the freezer, I managed to snap one of the Freon lines, and now my fridge is toast. I spoke to the management office and they're going to replace it tomorrow, but I'm not looking forward to how much this is going to cost me.

Part of my thinking is that, this wouldn't have happened if the damn power didn't go out for 36 HOURS!!!, but what are you going to do? I'll talk to them tomorrow afternoon and see what the damage is going to be.

As I mentioned, I had NO POWER and NO HOT WATER from Sunday night till Tuesday afternoon. I'm going to say Tuesday afternoon because I didn't get home till 6:00pm. As far as I'm concerned, I lost power for 2 days.

What really gets my goat (sorry Jay), is that I'm probably going to have to shell out some $$$ for the stupid fridge. I was planing on buying a big ass HDTV (I'm leaning towards PLASMA, but LCD is still an option), late July/early August. If this fridge thing prevents me from buying the TV, I'm going to be MAD.

Now that I think about it. Things, were going WAYYY TO GOOD, so I guess something had to fowl up my life. Sheesh, sometimes you can't win.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: