Monday, January 25, 2010

The couch can wait.

I was planning to blog before now....but...dammit there is goes again. I was going to write something. I had no idea what the write about and then BOOM. The idea, or lack of idea is going.

Now I'm not saying that I haven't had blogging ideas. In fact I've had many, but to actually sit down and start writing, that has become easier than it sounds. I need a new couch at home, and I should buy one, but I'm too cheap to do it. Heck, I have the cash to do it today...but that money is for my trip to London in August. What's more important, a new couch or going to London for a week? If you said a new couch then your WRONG.

Now I can see my mom and dad saying "you really should spend the money on a new couch, you old couch has had it, and it would be more practical for you to get the couch instead of spending the money on a silly trip". Ok they wouldn't be that bad, but they would get the couch instead of going to London. I, on the other hand want to see the world. I want to experience life, and the world around it. This from someone who spends almost every night on that same friggin couch playing videogames, so yes I do see the irony.

I've put so much planning for my trip, and I've been asking Vics where the best area is for me to stay. She did offer me her home, but I can't impose, and I fear her bloke running around showing off his ass and screaming "BABOON." I couldn't make that up if I tried, but I have made up some crazy stuff.

Right now, I've already picked a hotel, and unless there's a seat sale when I book, I've picked my flight. it will be a long day, and I hope I'll be able to get some sleep on the plane for the 14 hours of flying time. I've picked the cheapest flight possible. Well second cheapest, I'm avoiding the US on this trip (no offense), but I do have a stopover in ICELAND.

I'm going to Iceland!!! Now it could be argued that since I'm not actually leaving the airport, just transferring to another plane that I'm not actually going to Iceland. Well to the people who would make that argument, I ask this "Have you ever been to Iceland? No?" THEN SCREW YOU. I'm going to be in Iceland. It counts PPPPHHHTTTT.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to mail postcard from the airport because how cool would it be for my friends to get a postcard from Iceland? I'm looking forward to London as well. After all, it's one of the world's greatest cities (isn't it?), but there's some appeal to Iceland.

I don't have too many other details on the London trip. I just hope I have better luck in being able to blog about London, than I did in Chicago. I blogged at the airport. That was it. The Calgary airport. Wish me luck with that.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: