Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Food is just suppose to be food

I found this at the Consumerist, and I thought it was blog worthy.

So Burger King now have the new “BK Super Seven Incher”. Right away, I’m thinking this is not a good thing. Especially when the poster for the burger says “It’ll blow your mind away.” Also, on the lower part of the poster it starts out with. “Fill your desire for something long, juicy and flame-grilled “. Now I do not have a desire for something long and juicy; especially if it’s the Burger King’s Super Seven Incher. NO WAY. Oh and the poster doesn’t help either.



Now what I want to know is who approves these things? It’s the Saskatchewan Pork “Pork: the one you love” billboard all over again. Personally, if it were up to me, I’d create a company that consults with advertisers, and other organizations over the possibility of a double meaning in their advertisement. I believe this service is needed for executives, and politicians who are obviously out of touch with the real world.

A perfect example is the “tea baggers”. The idea was to recreate the image of the Boston tea party, but when you mention tea bagging today. It has a totally different meaning. Tea Bagging is the act of putting ones testicles onto another person’s face. Now I know this because, this was something that became popular in the video game called Counter Strike, which is a shooter type game. I’m not going into “special” bars, and witnessing this action. The point of this was that I knew what it means and the tea baggers didn’t, so now they’re thought of as a group of people who rub their “boys” in each other’s face.

Now if I had been there, this Burger King Seven Incher would not have been happening. I mean seriously, some alarms should have gone off with the poster. I look at it, and think, there’s no way, I’m going to have this sandwich. A picture of a woman with her mouth over, the long sandwich near her lips and the work BLOW underneath. Also, it doesn't help that the woman looks like a sex doll. Uggg.

My 2 Bytes

2 comments:

Olly said...

I thought she looked like a sex doll, too! Not that I'd know much about that, lol.

Good to see you again!

J said...

At least it isn't a nine incher, Burger King didn't want the average guy to feel inadequate next to their phallic sandwich.

I think a good method for these advertisement whizzes to gauge the stupidity/innuendo content of an ad would be to simply show people and say 'can you see anything wrong with this?' Because they clearly aren't doing that.