Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Don't ring, you damn phone.

I was sorta busy yesterday no I never blogged. I did other things like work, call people and play City of Heroes. Basically I didn’t blog because…..I didn’t.

Remember how I talked about the company issuing me a cell phone how cool it was? Well I take it back, it’s a pain in the ass. O received a couple of calls from one of my bosses over the weekend and last night I received 2 calls (after 11:00pm). It’s becoming a serious pain in the ass. To be fair, these calls were all about major issues and a big system problem that occurred last night, so it was something that I did need to know. In fact, there’s going to be a conference call later in the day to talk about the issue.

What I’m starting to worry about now, is people calling me about stupid little problems at 3:00am. Stuff like, “The printer won’t print, there are no lights on the printer” ”Is it plugged in?” “Whoops, got it, CLICK”. If I get a call like that, heads are going to roll.

Oh did I mention that this phone has the worst ring tone ever? I guess it’s effective because when I hear it, I rush to the phone to shut the damn ringer off. The problem is that it’s the ONLY ring on the phone and I doubt I could justify buying an additional ring tone to the company by saying “the default tone really sucks”.

I remember thinking that the company phone was a sort of a status symbol, but now…..I just hope I don’t get another call at 11:00pm at night. They rely on me to take care of things. I guess I’m a victim of my own success.

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: