Wednesday, October 07, 2015

I figured out what the problem is

Ok I've figured out why, I no longer have the fire to blog as much as I used to. It's because I've mellowed out, and no longer easily triggered into rage. I want to say that I've "matured", but based on what I've heard from "responsible adults" from across the border, I don't want to be associated with people like that. I think I've become less likely to "snap to judge". Is there a valid reason why someone would say something like that, unless it came from Fox News, then I know to instantly file it under bullshit. I think this is the price of open mindedness.

That's the key, I try to be opened minded as opposed to the closed minded Right Wingers or the closed minded Left Wingers. Either it's Fox News with their crap of the lefties like the douchebag who writes a open letter to Jerry Seinfeld telling him how to do comedy because something Jerry said was found offensive by someone. I really find both types to be the same person. They feel they have the right to control people and how they think. The difference is what they specifically want us to think. Right Wing, or Left Wing. They're still the Thought Police.

Sure sometimes I get pissed off by both sides, but these days I just except to happen, and take a whatever kind of attitude. Not because I'm indifferent, but because I feel like a hypocrite in trying to push my morels values, while attacking them for trying to force their values on me.

Don't get me wrong. I will make an exception for an individual (and it really has to be bad), but I'm not going to attack a group for their beliefs (that's Fox News job), and I'm not going to condemn someone for voicing their opinion (that's the "Thought Police's job).

I think the main issue, I don't want to scream. The Right screams at the Left, and the Left screams at the right, and no one hears anything. I don't want to be part of the screaming. I'm sure that eventually I'll snap at one side for going too far. I have in the recent past, but I'm just tired of screaming for the sake of screaming.

I haven't even talked to anyone about who I intend to vote for, and I won't tell anyone. I have people in my Facebook feed promoting one side, or the other, and I plan to keep it that way. If I were to voice my intentions of who I would vote for in the upcoming Federal Election on October 19th (Canadian election), I'm sure I'll get some people telling me why I'm wrong to feel the way I feel, and to try and change my mind. The thing is, I've given this a lot of thought and I'm committed to my decision, and I don't want an outsider trying to influence it. At the same time, i don't want to force my views on others because of the hypocrite thing.

Maybe in the future, this will change, but for now, I'm just going to keep things on a low flame.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: